Effective the 1st of August, 2019
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of Section 4.
1. The Basics
A. About Us
Trifecta is an online billing platform (the "Services") operated by Trifecta IT Solutions Pty Ltd, a company headquartered in the State of New South Wales in Australia ("we," "us," "our," and " Trifecta").
The Services enable our Members to, among other things, import billing records from vendors and customize them to their preferred format. We also provide other related services, such as near real-time data analytics. Find out more about our Services here.
B. Key Terms
"Call Record" is any call that is imported through our Services. For example, if you are a Member, a call record would be a call or SMS that you or your company has made or received through Twilio.
"Member" means any person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services.
"Personal Information" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, a Call Record, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, phone number, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
"Visitor" means any person who visits any of our Websites.
"you" and "your" means, depending on the context, either a Member, a Call Record, or a Visitor.
2. Privacy for Members
This section applies to the Personal Information we collect and process from a Member or potential Member through the provision of the Services. If you are not a Member, the Visitors section of this policy may be more applicable to you and your data. In this section, "you" and "your" refer to Members and potential Members.
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about you and or your Company. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email (for example, when you fill in your name and address for your custom bill), or communicate with us in any other way.
This information may include:
- Registration information: You need a Trifecta account to use the Services as a Member. When you register for an account, you will be asked to provide certain basic information, such as your name, email address, username, password, company name, occupation, location, and phone number (for example, if you are using two-factor authentication).
- Billing and communications information: If you purchase our Services, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information but be rest assured that this is stored with the online payment portal vendor. We will not store any credit card or billing address details. Although,Trifecta will maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses.
This information may include:
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Log data: Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services, which may include the dates and times you access the Services and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the Services are used). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us.
- Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioral data (such as information about use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
- Device information: We may collect information about the type of device and operating system you use. We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile apps or Services.
- Product usage data: We may use mobile analytics software (such as Fabric.io) to better understand how people use our application. We may collect information about how often you use the application and other performance data.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support. For example, if you use our mobile apps, we may ask you if you want to receive push notifications about activity in your account. If you have opted into these push notifications and no longer want to receive them, you may turn them off through your operating system.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Services.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
C. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our Services, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send on your behalf. These web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the Services was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as the recipient’s IP address, browser, email client type and other similar details. Reports are also available to us when we send email to you, so we may collect and review that information.
D. Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. Trifecta takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. As a Member, you can manage many of your individual account and profile settings within the dashboard provided through the Twilio Billing Engine platform, or you may contact us directly by emailing us at .
- In addition, individuals who are residents of the EEA can object to processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided in the "Questions and Concerns" section below.
- Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
3. Privacy for Visitors
This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process through our Websites and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities. In this section "you" and "your" refers to Visitors.
A. Information We Collect
(i) Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, profile information) in order to sign up for a free or paid Trifecta account, apply for a role with Trifecta, or otherwise submit inquiries to us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and job details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
(ii) Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Websites.
- To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with Trifecta.
- To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
- To improve the navigation and content of our Websites.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- To customize content and layout of the Websites.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
C. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
D. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
E. Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. Trifecta takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at . We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at .
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
4. General Information
A. How We Share Information
(i) Our service providers: Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support our Services and other business-related functions.
For example, if it is necessary to provide Members something they have requested (like enable a feature such as Social Profiles), then we may share Members’ Personal Information with a service provider for that purpose. Other examples include analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support for our Services, processing payments, and delivering content.
In connection with our Services, we use a third-party service provider, Twilio, Inc. We use Twilio's API, which allows us to build features into our Trifecta application to enable us to communicate with our Members through texting and calling, and their "Authy" product, which we use for two-factor authentication for our application. If you are a Member, Twilio may need to collect and process certain Personal Information about you as a controller to provide such services. To learn more about Twilio's privacy practices, please visit https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy.
(iii) Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
(v) Any other person with your consent.
B. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA Persons Only)
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services; ensuring the security of the Services and our Websites; and for our marketing activities.
If you are a Member, we may need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
Where required by law, we will collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the "Questions and Concerns" section below.
C. Your Choices and Opt-Outs
Members and Visitors who have opted into our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us using the contact details provided in the "Questions and Concerns" section below. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management, and Members cannot opt out of these messages unless you cancel your Trifecta account.
D. Our Security
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at .
Trifecta accounts require a username and password to log in. Members must keep their username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in a Member’s Trifecta account is so sensitive, account passwords are hashed, which means we cannot see a Member’s password. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only provide Members with instructions on how to reset them.
E. International Transfers
(i) We operate in the United States
Our servers are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy, including offering our Members a Data Processing Agreement.
(iii) Members located in Australia
If you are a Member who lives in Australia, this section applies to you. We are subject to the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 ("Australian Privacy Act"). Here are the specific points you should be aware of:
- Where we say we assume an obligation about Personal Information, we are also requiring our subcontractors to undertake a similar obligation, where relevant.
- We will not use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose of our direct marketing to you unless you have consented to receive direct marketing; you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for the marketing; or we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent. You may opt out of any marketing materials we send to you through an unsubscribe mechanism or by contacting us directly. If you have requested not to receive further direct marketing messages, we may continue to provide you with messages that are not regarded as "direct marketing" under the Australian Privacy Act, including changes to our terms, system alerts, and other information related to your account.
- Our servers are located in the United States, and we do store your data locally.
- All of our subcontractors, however, are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Act in relation to the transfer or storage of Personal Information overseas.
- If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act, to correct that information upon your request.
- If you are unsatisfied with our response to a privacy matter then you may consult either an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for additional help. We will provide our full cooperation if you pursue this course of action.
F. Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
- Whether our Members have the ability to access and delete the data within their Trifecta accounts.
- Whether our Members would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it or until their Trifecta accounts are closed or terminated.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
G. California Privacy
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, email, and mailing address, and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us through our contact form or email us at .
H. Changes to this Policy
I. Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
For EEA Residents:
For Non-EEA Residents:
Trifecta IT Solutions Pty Ltd d/b/a Trifecta
Attn. Privacy Officer
U12/1-3 Second Avenue
Five Dock, NSW 2046 Australia